Three to Five days/week - Private/Semi-Private Lessons
This is STARskate!
Skills, Tests, Achievement, Recognition
Junior Academy Skaters can choose from up to 5 days per week. This program provides 2 off-ice group classes. Private/semi-private lessons must be booked with a SASC Professional Coach of your choice and paid directly to the Coach. Skaters will progress though the STAR 1-5 Skate Canada Standardized evaluations in Skating Skills, FreeSkate and Ice-Dancing and have the opportunity to perform at Competitions. Junior Academy is the pathway to Gold level Achievements, Competitive Figure Skating and other StarSkate Events. Junior Academy Skaters are our STARS of Tomorrow.
Registration Deadline is August 22, 2022, skaters who DO NOT submit their registration prior to the deadline will have a $75 late fee applied to their account.
- Pre-Season Camp August 29 to Sept 1, 2022,
- Holiday Concert TBA
- Family Skate at Christmas Time TBA
- Holiday Ice time for practice and lessons. (Special Schedule)
- Year End Pop Concert
- Two StarSkate Competition Coaches expenses, such as Milage and Accommodation etc., are covered by the club.
(Monthly Payments are approximately calculated as the $45 Skate Canada Fee is added into your cart.)
Additional Information & Policies
- Our Fall/Winter Schedule runs from September 6 until April 22, 2023.
- Our Pre-Season Camp is August 29 to September 1, 2022 and is a separate Schedule.
- Holiday ice is also a separate schedule January 2-6, 2023
- Pre-Season Camp, Holiday Concert, Pop Concert and Family Skate are included.
- SASC Membership and Skate Canada Fee of $45 is an annual fee and will be applied to all skaters.
- Visit our website regularly for schedule changes, special days and other important information on the Home Page.
- Registration Deadline is August 22, 2022, skaters who DO NOT submit their registration prior to the deadline will have a $75 late fee applied to their account.
- No make-up sessions are offered due to absences
- In order to ensure a positive and successful skating experience, please adhere to our Club Policies and the Parent Code of Conduct posted on our website.
- The SASC pays for coaches' expenses (travel, accommodation, etc.) for Home Club Members for select competitions both StarSkate and Competitive.
- Refund Policy: refunds will be considered for serious medical circumstances substantiated by a medical certificate. All other requests for refunds (For example - retired skater, club transfer, etc.) will be subject to a cancellation penalty of one month ice fees. Requests must be received in writing. Bingo and fundraising commitments must still be honored, and volunteer commitment charges will be applied in the case of non-participation.
- Skaters will not be able to skate if they have outstanding Coaching or Club invoices from previous seasons or clubs. Please clear all invoices to avoid training delays.
- There shall be no refunds if skating sessions are cancelled due to mechanical failure or club activities.