Professional Coaching Staff 10-12 Skaters in a Group.
Payment Reserves Placement
The coach to skater ratio is 1:12. Each skater will receive optimal instruction from our power skating instructors.
Fall 2023 Schedule & Registration is LIVE!
Fall 2023 REGISTRATION IS OPEN NOW!
Professional Coaching Staff 10 Skaters in a Group
Program is run on the CanSkate (5+) session
Payment Reserves Placement
Course Outlines & Level Requirements
Equipment: optional to wear hockey/ringette equipment. No sticks allowed!
- PrePower U7 (approx. ages 5-7) Minimum acceptance level and/or ability: passed Learn to Skate Stage 2, partial Stage 3
General Acceptance Level: Skaters must have basic forward and backward skating skills (able to skate the length of the rink using alternate strides), glide on 1ft forwards with speed, and are able to stop on command without use of the boards or Stage 3 CANSKATE must be passed in order to register for this program.
Equipment: mandatory to wear full hockey/ringette equipment including stick that is CSA approved.
- Level 1 U9/U11 (approx. ages 7-11) Minimum acceptance level and/or ability: passed Stage 3 CanSkate OR the ability to skate forwards and backwards, stop, 1 foot glide, and turn both directions.
Level 1 Course Outline: Building foundational skating skills including forward skating and backward skating, 3 stops (side stop clockwise/counter and backward), tight turns clockwise/counter, forward x-overs, introduction to backward x-overs and more! All skills will be enhanced from learning to acquiring to mastering balance, control, technique, then speed!
- Level 2 & Level 3 U11/U13/U15 (approx. ages 11-15) Minimum acceptance level and/or ability: The ability to perform forward x-overs, the 3 basic stops, 1ft inside/outside edges, 2ft turns forwards/backwards and backwards/forwards. The ability to do x-over quick starts forwards/backwards, 1ft stops w/ quick starts, lateral movement, quick change of direction forwards/backwards, and 180/360 pivots forwards/backwards and backwards/forwards.
Level 2 Course Outline: Building foundational and advanced skating skills including forward x-overs (acceleration, foot speed, lateral movement), backward x-overs (quick start, lateral movement, foot speed), quick starts (agility, change of direction), all Stops (1ft/2ft, quick starts, lateral movement) and more! This level now works on the structure from the first level and enhancing those skills with speed and agility. Control, balance, and technique are followed up weekly.
Level 3 Course Outline: Building foundational and advanced skating skills including fast forward x-overs (acceleration, foot speed, lateral movement), backward x-overs (quick start, lateral movement, foot speed), quick starts (agility, change of direction), all Stops (1ft forwards/backwards, quick starts into x-overs, lateral movement) and more! This level now works on the structure from the second level and enhancing those skills with speed and agility. Control, balance, and technique are followed up weekly.
For all inquiries, please contact Alexa via email:
1) Cancellation/Refund Policy: No refund available for any reason. Family credit only with doctor’s note (credit expires in 12 months from issuing date.)
2) Club Information: Please ensure you have given a current email address on the registration form as all notices and newsletters will be sent via email for the upcoming season. It is your responsibility to check these notices or the SASC website: www.stalbertskatingcentre.com for all skating information.
3) Equipment: Skater must wear full hockey/ringette equipment (CSA approved) and your Hockey/Ringette stick. You will not be able to participate if you are not fully dressed.
4) Class Description, Cost and Pricing: Class size: Max 24 This program focuses on Hockey and Ringette stride technique to improve balance, power, agility, speed and endurance on the ice. Skills, techniques and conditioning drills are taught in a progressive format that emphasizes how the skills apply to game situations.
*Skate Canada Fee ($60.00): Non-refundable. Payable once a season beginning on September 1st of every year (Not included in the prices above)
Bottom Content Title
This is an additional section to be able to add content