INTERMEDIATE/SENIOR FIGURE SKATING ACADEMY
Three to Seven days/week
Intermediate/Senior Academy skaters can choose from up to 4 days per week and up to 8 Freeskate sessions. Private/semi-private lessons must be booked with a SASC Professional Coach of your choice and paid directly to the Coach. Skaters will progress though the STAR 5 to Gold Skate Canada Standardized evaluations in Skating Skills, FreeSkate, Ice-Dancing and Artistic. These atheletes have the opportunity to perform at StarSKATE Competitions or enter the Competitive stream. Intermediate/Senior Academy is the pathway to Gold level Achievements, Competitive Figure Skating and other STARSkate Events.
Intermediate/Senior Figure Skating
Star 5 - Gold
Is a private lesson program for Figure Skaters working on Star 5 to Gold Freeskate tests. Skaters are working on double jumps, Star 6+ Dances and Skills Assessments. Registration Fee includes Int/Sr Ice times, as indicated on the Ice Schedule, Dryland instruction, and Coaching during the Stroking Classes. Private or Semi-Private lessons are not included. Skaters must book private lessons directly with SASC coaching staff. (Dryland Schedule will be sent out separately when it is finalized.)
Registration Deadline is August 22, 2023, skaters who DO NOT submit their registration prior to the deadline will have a $75 late fee applied to their account.
All skaters must consult a “Base Coach” from our staff to help you plan your skating season.
Skate Canada Fee of $60 is not included and is due Annually with Fall Registration.
- Holiday Concert TBA
- Family Skate at Christmas Time TBA
- Holiday Ice time for practice and lessons. (certain packages and Special Schedule)
- Year End Pop Concert
- Two StarSkate Competition Coaches expenses, such as Milage and Accommodation etc., are covered by the club.
Additional Information & Policies
- Our Fall/Winter Schedule runs from September 5 until June 2024.
- Our Pre-Season Camp is August 28-31, 2023 and is a separate Schedule.
- Holiday ice is also a separate schedule January 2-5, 2024
- Pre-Season Camp, Holiday Concert, Pop Concert and Family Skate are included.
- SASC Membership and Skate Canada Fee of $60 is an annual fee and will be applied to all skaters.
- Visit our website regularly for schedule changes, special days and other important information on the Home Page.
- Registration Deadline is August 22, 2023, skaters who DO NOT submit their registration prior to the deadline will have a $75 late fee applied to their account.
- No make-up sessions are offered due to absences
- In order to ensure a positive and successful skating experience, please adhere to our Club Policies and the Parent Code of Conduct posted on our website.
- The SASC pays for coaches' expenses (travel, accommodation, etc.) for Home Club Members for select competitions both StarSkate and Competitive.
- Refund Policy: refunds will be considered for serious medical circumstances substantiated by a medical certificate. All other requests for refunds (For example - retired skater, club transfer, etc.) will be subject to a cancellation penalty of one month ice fees. Requests must be received in writing. Bingo and fundraising commitments must still be honored, and volunteer commitment charges will be applied in the case of non-participation.
- Skaters will not be able to skate if they have outstanding Coaching or Club invoices from previous seasons or clubs. Please clear all invoices to avoid training delays.
- There shall be no refunds if skating sessions are cancelled due to mechanical failure or club activities.
Bottom Content Title
This is an additional section to be able to add content