Fundraising and Volunteering Overview
SASC is a non-profit organization and Fundraising is a very essential part of our club at every level of skating. Fundraising helps to keep ice and program costs reasonable for everyone. The amount of registration skaters are charged does not cover the actual cost of ice, coaching, and teaching tools, so we have to find ways to fill the gap.
We rely on Volunteers to run our Board of Directors to fund raise, run club competitions, and other events. Our upcoming volunteer year is May 1 - April 30. Any volunteer credits earned in this time period go towards satisfying volunteer requirements for the September 1 - April 30 skating season.
Volunteer/Fundraising Requirements for Group Programs
Volunteer/Fundraising for Star 1 - Group Figure Skating
Must Complete One Mandatory Competition Shift of 4-6 hours.
Academy Skaters - Junior, Intermediate, Senior and Day Ice
Volunteer/Fundraising Requirements: (Suspended)
Each Skater in this program will be required to sell Raffle Tickets. A Fee of $125 is included in your registration as these tickets are pre-paid. $75 worth of Tickets will be issued for the first Fall Raffle and $50 worth of Tickets will be issued for the Second Winter Raffle.
Each Registered Skater or their Family must complete TWO Mandatory Competition Shifts. Shifts are 4-6 hours approximately in length.
Each Registered Skater or their Family must complete a Set Amount of FUNDRAISERS, these are determined by the amount of days a skater skates. Checks will be submitted in the amount of $125 to insure you complete these Fundraisers.
- Volunteers can be 14+ years to work and receive Credits at Fundraisers.
- For Family’s with Multiple Registered skaters the Maximum of Mandatory Fundraisers is Ten.
- Anything completed above your Mandatory requirements will be applied to your account as a credit or $60 towards your next years registration.
- To ensure Mandatory requirements can be meet by all of the members please sign-up for your Mandatory requirements first, you will be instructed by email when you can sign up for extra Fundraising Shifts.
- If your volunteer requirements are not met, for each credit you are short, one of your $125 cheques will be cashed.
- Volunteer credits are non-transferrable, and cannot be carried forward to the next season. If a skater leaves SASC and has credits on file, they become void.
- It is your responsibility to find a replacement (and notify a Volunteer Coordinator Erin Adams firstname.lastname@example.org) for a volunteer shift you have previously committed to.